Penn First Plus
Located in Penn's founding building on the West Philadelphia campus, The Office of Penn First Plus is an exciting new community gathering place and resource center for Penn's first generation
and/or lower income students.
When College Hall was first occupied in 1871, this large, open room was used as a gym for the entire student body, It featured 4 cast iron columns, high ceilings, and tall Gothic style windows with wood wainscot below. The aim of the current renovation was to recover the classic simplicity of the original room in a modern idiom that would energize and inspire today's students as well as provide acoustically private offices and meeting rooms. The Center is strongly tied into campus life by a glassy new entrance on Penn Commons, achieved by removing an enormous masonry chimney in
the center of the south facade.