CHRISTIAN EDUCATION BUILDING
To augment their historic serpentine stone Sanctuary and Parish Hall buildings, the Church of the Holy Trinity in West Chester has purchased an adjoining 1940’s garage. This utilitarian structure will be transformed into a place of the imagination that will house religious education classes, community outreach activities and music rehearsals. The roof structure of the original garage is revealed and program spaces are housed in individual folded volumes that reach up to skylights. The space is given an added layer of meaning by painting the lower walls with the colors of the liturgical calendar.